United Nations Pakistan, Multiple Cities, Pakistan
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity, and disability.
Job Title: Assistant Storekeeper
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Multiple Locations (Peshawar, DI Khan, Malakand, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Quetta, Surab & Multan)
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani nationals only.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus medical insurance.*Remote work if applicable or/FWA until return to office or travel is possible due to covid-19 restrictions.
To support receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximize the quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support receipt/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.2. Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.3. Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.4. Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.5. Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.6. Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: 3 or more years of experience in inventory management and storekeeping.
- Experience monitoring various aspects of logistics operations.
- Experience in supporting warehouse management.
- Experience in supporting inventory management.
- Experience in data entry and extracting routine reports.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are based in Multiple locations including KPK, Punjab, & Quetta, and are found in WFP warehouses and operating under the close supervision of a Senior Storekeeper.
LINK TO APPLY:
Supply Chain Management
First Shift (Day)
Dera Ismail Khan, Lahore, Malakand, Multan, Peshawar, Quetta, Rawalpindi, Surab, Pakistan
Completion of secondary school education.
3 Years (Experience monitoring various aspects of logistics operations. • Experience in supporting warehouse management.)
Oct 25, 2022
Oct 11, 2022