Contour Software,Karachi, Pakistan
Sales1440, a product division of Constellation Homebuilder Systems, requires a motivated and talented Mid-level Java Developer to join our development team, at Contour Karachi.
We are looking for Intermediate Software Developer who will be responsible for server side component design, user experience design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
The work environment is dynamic and challenging. The right candidate must be a team player who can work on multiple assignments and can organize and prioritize their work to achieve desired results in a timely manner. The right candidate must also be able to participate in software design/architectural decision-making and execution, to enforce consistent design and implement best practices for long-term maintainability of the solution.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Review and understand business requirements working with cross-functional teams
- Develop and enhance product offerings in accordance with design and consistent with business objectives
- Ensure that development tasks are completed within timeline provided and that issues are fully tested with minimal defects.
- Under the guidance of the Program Manager and Technical Lead, ensure that solutions being developed are effective and take into consideration performance implications for a production environment
- Assist in making detailed estimates for development efforts as needed.
- Assist with production support issues as they arise.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Bachelors/Masters degree (preferably Computer Science or Information Systems) or software development/programming certifications.
- Must be team-oriented and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 3 to 5 years of Java software development experience using object oriented methodology.
- 5 years expertise in developing web based applications using Java and JSP.
- Should have good front end and UI development experience.
- MS SQL, Oracle, or other relational databases experience.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of courtesy, efficiency and professionalism when communicating with colleagues, internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and communicate complex technical information
Nice To Have
- Microsoft Azure DevOps / VSTS
- Demonstrated ability to solve moderate to complex application problems independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Previous development experience with J2EE, Struts 2, Hibernate, EJB, Web Service, JSP, JDBC, Apache Ant and Ajax
- Development experience using XML, XSL and XSLT to generate documents a plus
- Hands on experience with MS SQL server or other relational databases and available toolset
- Hands on experience with Windows Server environments, IIS, Tomcat and JBoss
- Experience performance tuning a production application through code and database improvements
- Experience working in a team environment using a Source Configuration Management tool such as CVS, or Subversion
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Familiarity with one of the major J2EE IDE tools, Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Experience developing reports with Crystal Reports, Jasper Reports
- Experience supporting production environments a plus
This position offers an excellent opportunity to enhance your skills and advance your career. We offer a family friendly, casual work environment with excellent benefits.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment
Second Shift (Afternoon)
Dec 21, 2022
Sep 20, 2022